Case Study: Waterproofing Challenge
Alchemco Had A Challenge: How to waterproof and protect an extremely busy, 220,000 SF parking structure with minimum traffic disruption.
Solution: TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing System
Challenge Accepted! Application of TechCrete 2500 on 20,000 sf of Parking Slab
This structure had a failed coating system and was suffering from severe leaking. The owner had researched several potential solutions, and they were either cost-prohibitive or would take too long (disrupting traffic). Check out the video and see why TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent was the chosen solution.
For starters, it’s a two-fold time saver. Not only do you not have to reapply it every 5 to 10 years like most waterproofing systems, but it’s also easier and quicker to apply from the beginning. One treatment lasts the life of the concrete. TechCrete 2500 is non-toxic, 100% trafficable, and tolerates thermal stresses. It also lowers the risk of concrete becoming unreliable since it allows faults to be found and fixed easily. This environmentally friendly solution is backed by a 15 or 30-year labor and material watertight warranty and is a preferred waterproofing system for many of the U.S.’s biggest industries.
UNBEATABLE CONCRETE WATERPROOFING PRODUCTS
Backed by a first-rate reputation, Alchemco provides TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent, innovative concrete waterproofing products. What makes our product unique is also what makes them the most effective waterproofing system on the market. Our solutions protect concrete from the inside, so you never have to worry about the wear and tear that comes with membrane or sealers. With a global presence, we work with a range of industries, guaranteeing our concrete waterproofing products with a 30-year labor and material watertight warranty.
This structure had a failed coating system and was suffering from severe leaking.
The owner had researched several potential solutions, and they were either cost-prohibitive or would take too long (disrupting traffic).
The TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing System was chosen, primarily because it provides: – Cost Effective & Permanent Waterproofing – Fast Application with Minimal Traffic Disruption – Long-Term Manufacturer’s Warranty Elevated Parking Deck over Retail Space – 220,000 sq ft.
- Application of TechCrete 2500 in multiple phases, without closing the entire area off to vehicular traffic.
- The application was done with 2 – 3 man crew
- TechCrete 2500 is a one-time spray-applied waterproofing system
- Begins forming a sub-surface gel barrier within the concrete immediately upon contact with water
- The gel remains reactive to moisture in the pores, cracks, and capillaries for the design life of the structure.
- Cannot be damaged, torn or delaminated … since it waterproofs the inside of the concrete.
- TechCrete 2500 increases the durability and sustainability of the concrete structure.
- The Modified Gel protects and waterproofs the concrete structure for the design life of the structure.
- Penetrates deep in the concrete
- UV Resistant
- Handles high thermal stress well
- Flexible Gel composition, not rigid crystals
- No VOC’s – Environmentally Friendly
- Helps protect concrete from chloride ion penetration
- Increases the hardness of the concrete surface
- Seals existing cracks up to 2.0 mm in width
- Seals future cracks up to 0.4 mm in width
- Does not form a film on the surface of the concrete, or change the appearance